If you have done Yoga, you will already know that breathing exercises are an ideal way to relieve stress.
Two products in one: gently cleanses both baby’s delicate skin and fine hair without drying.
They’re fast, simple, free and can be performed by just about anyone. They can also be done anywhere and at virtually any time. So if pregnancy leaves you short of breath – exhale, inhale and relax! It’s easy and you decide when and where.
Here’s how basic controlled breathing works:
- Sit or stand in a relaxed position.
- Slowly inhale through your nose, counting to five in your head.
- Let the air out from your mouth, counting to eight in your head as it leaves your lungs. Repeat several times. That’s it!
- As you breathe, let your abdomen expand outward, rather than raising your shoulders. This is a more relaxed and natural way to breathe and helps your lungs fill themselves more fully with fresh air, releasing more “old” air.
- You can do this just a few times to release tension, or for several minutes as a form of meditation.
- If you like, you can make your throat a little tighter as you exhale, so the air comes out like a whisper. This type of breathing is used in some forms of yoga and can add additional tension relief.
It just takes a few seconds or minutes and a minimal amount of attention. Enjoy!